[caption id=“attachment_3262” align=“aligncenter” width=“500” caption=“U.S. President Barack Obama welcomes military families to a barbeque on the South Lawn of the White House as First Lady Michelle Obama also attends to celebrate Independence Day, July 4, 2010. REUTERS/Mike Theiler (UNITED STATES)”][/caption]
We hope our military families had a great time at the 4th of July celebration at the White House this weekend! We were proud to present the Second Annual “Salute to the Military” USO Concert, featuring The Killers, Brandi Carlile, Cedric “The Entertainer,” and “The President’s Own” U.S. Marine Band.
President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama welcomed over 1,200 families and the First Lady also shared a special message for the American People. From WhiteHouse.gov: “The First Lady is asking 100 percent of Americans to support the brave men and women in uniform and their families back home. Here are some things you can do in your community to get started:
- Stay informed about the activities and concerns of military families in your community and across the nation;
- Take time out to get to know and express appreciation to military families;
- Help ensure military families have the opportunity to share their stories and voice their concerns in your community;
- Help ensure the places where you work, worship, and participate in community life connect their activities to addressing military families’ unique challenges; and
- Identify opportunities in your communities to tap into the unique skills, experience and commitment to service our military families display each day.”
Watch the video below and be sure to share these ways to show support for military families in your neighborhoods and towns!