It’s time for installment No. 4 of the USO quiz. Try your luck with these five questions, and check your answers at the bottom.
1. Who performed a special USO show at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base during the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1963? A. Perry Como and his “Kraft Music Hall” show B. Sammy Davis, Jr. C. Raymond Burr D. Bob Hope and Martha Raye
2. Who was the USO’s 40th anniversary spokesperson? A. Ann Landers B. Abigail Van Buren, (“Dear Abby”) C. Dr. Joyce Brothers D. Dolores Hope
3. In 1947, the USO did which of the following? A. temporarily ceased operations B. received its congressional charter C. received its first memo of understanding with the Department of Defense D. moved into new national headquarters in Philadelphia
4. What was the name of the USO’s newsletter in the 1950s? A. USO Report B. USO News C. USO Bulletin D. Wherever They Go
5. Who took a mini-version of the long-running Broadway hit “Hello Dolly” to the troops in Vietnam? A. Carol Channing B. Martha Raye C. Pearl Bailey D. Les Brown
Highlight the line below to see the answers: 1. A; 2. C; 3. A; 4. B; 5. B