It’s time for installment No. 3 of the USO quiz. Try your luck with these five questions, and check your answers at the bottom.
1. The USO opened its 25th airport center on June 6, 1983, in: A. Boston B. Indianapolis C. Baltimore D. Orlando
2. When did USO headquarters move to Washington? A. 1974 B. 1976 C. 1977 D. 1979
3. One of the more popular activities sponsored by the Fairbanks, Alaska, USO in the early 1950s was … A. dog-sled races B. igloo construction C. panning for gold D. ice skating dances
4. What popular program did the Communications Workers of America help USO with in the 1960s? A. USO Mail Call B. “Hi Mom” Christmas Calls C. USO Calling D. USO-Vietnam Hotline
5. Among the highlights of Director Steven Spielberg’s 1979 film “1941” were USO dances and entertainment sequences. Where was the USO facility in the movie located? A. Manhattan B. San Franscisco C. Miami D. Los Angeles
Highlight the line below to see the answers: 1. B; 2. C; 3. C; 4. B; 5. D
More from the USO
Oct 18, 2016
Making the Terminal Come Alive: USO’s Unique Approach at Sigonella Gives Deploying Service Members a Much-Needed Escape
With little space for a traditional center – and weary military travelers often spreading throughout the terminal for hours while waiting for training flights or deployments – the USO spread its services throughout the terminal at NAS Sigonella.