It’s time for installment No. 3 of the USO quiz. Try your luck with these five questions, and check your answers at the bottom.
1. The USO opened its 25th airport center on June 6, 1983, in: A. Boston B. Indianapolis C. Baltimore D. Orlando
2. When did USO headquarters move to Washington? A. 1974 B. 1976 C. 1977 D. 1979
3. One of the more popular activities sponsored by the Fairbanks, Alaska, USO in the early 1950s was … A. dog-sled races B. igloo construction C. panning for gold D. ice skating dances
4. What popular program did the Communications Workers of America help USO with in the 1960s? A. USO Mail Call B. “Hi Mom” Christmas Calls C. USO Calling D. USO-Vietnam Hotline
5. Among the highlights of Director Steven Spielberg’s 1979 film “1941” were USO dances and entertainment sequences. Where was the USO facility in the movie located? A. Manhattan B. San Franscisco C. Miami D. Los Angeles
Highlight the line below to see the answers: 1. B; 2. C; 3. C; 4. B; 5. D
More from the USO
Sep 18, 2017
Celebrating the Air Force's 70th Birthday in 360° at the Air Force Memorial
In honor of the Air Force's 70th anniversary on September 18, we stopped by the Air Force Memorial to capture birthday shoutouts for the organization from service members, military family members and civilians -- all in 360°. Take a look.