It’s time for installment No. 3 of the USO quiz. Try your luck with these five questions, and check your answers at the bottom.
1. The USO opened its 25th airport center on June 6, 1983, in: A. Boston B. Indianapolis C. Baltimore D. Orlando
2. When did USO headquarters move to Washington? A. 1974 B. 1976 C. 1977 D. 1979
3. One of the more popular activities sponsored by the Fairbanks, Alaska, USO in the early 1950s was … A. dog-sled races B. igloo construction C. panning for gold D. ice skating dances
4. What popular program did the Communications Workers of America help USO with in the 1960s? A. USO Mail Call B. “Hi Mom” Christmas Calls C. USO Calling D. USO-Vietnam Hotline
5. Among the highlights of Director Steven Spielberg’s 1979 film “1941” were USO dances and entertainment sequences. Where was the USO facility in the movie located? A. Manhattan B. San Franscisco C. Miami D. Los Angeles
Highlight the line below to see the answers: 1. B; 2. C; 3. C; 4. B; 5. D
More from the USO
Aug 24, 2016
USO and the What To Expect Foundation Host Special Delivery Baby Shower in Dover
Being pregnant isn’t easy under the best of circumstances. But being pregnant and having a spouse in the military – or serving yourself – can make the expecting experience exponentially more difficult. That’s why the USO and the What to Expect Foundation, led by best-selling author Heidi Murkoff, team to bring Special Delivery Baby Showers to military bases around the world.
Aug 24, 2016
A Dish in the Desert: USO Piloting Expeditionary Satellite Internet Kit Program for Service Members Downrange
After months of research, two reinforced plastic cases arrived at Camp Shorab, a once-bustling Marine Corps base in Southwestern Afghanistan. When unpacked the packages’ color-coded contents provided a free USO internet connection for troops on the ground.