It’s that special time of year again when we at the USO salute our men and women in uniform - and all who have served - by celebrating the six weeks (or thereabouts) between Memorial Day and July 4th. We call it “The Patriotic Six” and this year we have so many ways that YOU can show your support!
- Check out the website - it’s your one-stop shop for all things Patriotic Six.
- Grab the widget - get a new patriotic fact every day and share it on all of your social networking sites; there’s even an iPhone App!
- Add the Twibbon to your Twitter avatar - create a free account and you can position the Patriotic Six logo wherever you like
- Change your desktop wallpaper - add one of our customized camo backgrounds for work or home computers
- Fan us on Facebook - we’re looking to reach “60 in 6” - 60,000 fans in six weeks, that is! It’s a big goal, but we know we can reach it and show the world how much support the USO has on Facebook!
Finally, we want to let you know that each week during the Patriotic Six we have a fantastic giveaway! Today we have the DVD of Dear John - just released today - along with USO-branded goodies for one lucky blog reader. [Please note: this contest has already ended, but we’ll have another great one next week!]
To enter the contest, just leave a comment on today’s blog letting us know how YOU plan to celebrate during the Patriotic Six. One comment will be selected at random to receive the gift pack. Sorry, but USO employees and their families are not eligible.
UPDATE: We’ve added the trailer! There’s still time to comment; we’ll draw the winner on Thursday at Noon EST. Channing Tatum stars in ‘Dear John,’ a romantic drama about a soldier who falls in love with a conservative college student. Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks.
More from the USO
Dec 14, 2017
Prosthetists Provide Amputees a Helping Hand – and Foot – On Their Road to Recovery
More than 1,500 American troops have lost a limb since 2001, in Afghanistan or Iraq or other deployments around the world. Walter Reed — first at the old campus in Washington, D.C., and now at the new facility in Bethesda — is where they take their first steps toward a new reality.
Dec 13, 2017
Delivering a USO Care Package in 360°
What does it take to get a USO Care Package into the hands of deployed service members? The answer is a lot of time and a lot of hard work by USO volunteers and staff. Watch the video to follow a USO Care Package along its journey to troops overseas.