It’s that special time of year again when we at the USO salute our men and women in uniform - and all who have served - by celebrating the six weeks (or thereabouts) between Memorial Day and July 4th. We call it “The Patriotic Six” and this year we have so many ways that YOU can show your support!
- Check out the website - it’s your one-stop shop for all things Patriotic Six.
- Grab the widget - get a new patriotic fact every day and share it on all of your social networking sites; there’s even an iPhone App!
- Add the Twibbon to your Twitter avatar - create a free account and you can position the Patriotic Six logo wherever you like
- Change your desktop wallpaper - add one of our customized camo backgrounds for work or home computers
- Fan us on Facebook - we’re looking to reach “60 in 6” - 60,000 fans in six weeks, that is! It’s a big goal, but we know we can reach it and show the world how much support the USO has on Facebook!
Finally, we want to let you know that each week during the Patriotic Six we have a fantastic giveaway! Today we have the DVD of Dear John - just released today - along with USO-branded goodies for one lucky blog reader. [Please note: this contest has already ended, but we’ll have another great one next week!]
To enter the contest, just leave a comment on today’s blog letting us know how YOU plan to celebrate during the Patriotic Six. One comment will be selected at random to receive the gift pack. Sorry, but USO employees and their families are not eligible.
UPDATE: We’ve added the trailer! There’s still time to comment; we’ll draw the winner on Thursday at Noon EST. Channing Tatum stars in ‘Dear John,’ a romantic drama about a soldier who falls in love with a conservative college student. Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks.
More from the USO
Feb 9, 2017
Baking a Difference: Dog Tag Bakery Provides Job Training and Community for Transitioning Service Members
Upon first glance, Dog Tag Bakery seems like any other cafe. But one look at the patriotic décor – like the dog tag chandelier – and it’s clear there's more going on behind the counter than cake decorating.