Country music artists Randy Houser and LeAnn Rimes perform together during the USO/ACM Lifting Lives concert at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas on April 17, 2010.
Country music artist Dierks Bentley performs during the USO/ACM Lifting Lives concert at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, NV, April 17, 2010.
Country music artist Randy Houser performs with his band during the USO/ACM Lifting Lives concert at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas on April 17, 2010.
The 2010 ACM Chairman’s Ride rolls into Nellis Air Force and prepares to kick off the USO/ACM Lifting Lives concert in Las Vegas, NV, April 17, 2010. The concert was emceed by GAC host Stormie Warren and was attended by more than 3,000 troops and their families.
It was a HUGE night at the Academy of Country Music Awards, as multiple USO tour veterans took home the top prizes.
But before the actual show, we put on a USO/ACM Lifting Lives concert for troops and their families at Nellis Air Force Base. Check out the pictures below. And here’s a rundown of ACM winners, with the artists in bold indicating USO celebrity entertainers:
- Song of the Year: Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
- Single Record of the Year: Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
- Video of the Year: Miranda Lambert – “White Liar”
- Vocal Event of the Year: Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins – “Hillbilly Bon”
- Top New Artist: Luke Bryan
- Album of the Year: Miranda Lambert – “Revolution”
- Humanitarian Award: Montgomery Gentry
- Triple-Crown Award: Carrie Underwood
- Top Vocal Group of the Year: Lady Antebellum
- Top Male Vocalist of the Year: Brad Paisley
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Brooks & Dunn
- Top Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Entertainer of the Year: Carrie Underwood
- Top New Vocalist: Luke Bryan
- Top New Vocal Duo: Joey and Rory
- Top New Vocal Group: Gloriana
More from the USO
Jan 18, 2019
USO Supports the Coast Guard and Their Families During Government Shutdown
Of the five branches in the U.S. Armed Forces, the Coast Guard is the only branch currently working without pay due to the government shutdown – the longest in U.S. history. USO centers across the country have rallied in support of the Coast Guard to help service members and their families make ends meet.