The USO is pleased to offer Internships for credit or for practical work experience during the summer of 2010. The Internships will begin in May, 2010 and each Internship requires a minimum of 20 hours work per week, at the USO offices in Arlington, VA. A parking or transportation allowance is provided.
The application deadline for these positions is April 16, 2010. Click here to learn more and apply!
Internships are available in the following departments:
- Communications - One position is available with a focus in Digital Assets and Social Media. This requires a degree focus in Communications or Digital Media with the ability to use a MAC, familiarity with CS4, and proficiency in social media channels
- Human Resources - One position is available with a focus on HR processes, both national and international, including research of legalities in HR processes and project-based work for functional HR areas. This requires a degree focus in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
- Finance - One position is available with a focus accounts payable, cash receipts, financial analysis of monthly reporting packages, and control analysis. This requires a degree focus in Accounting or Finance.
- Development (2 positions) - One position is available in Major Gifts and Planned Giving with a focus on donor research, event planning for donor recognition and follow up with Planned Giving Donors and Executors. This requires a degree focus in Business, Political Science, Public relations, or a degree related to non-profit management. One position is available in Online Development with a focus in online marketing and web content management. This requires a degree focus in Marketing, Business or Finance with strong web content skills and analytical skills
- Operations - One position is available in SharePoint Administration to assist with information migration into the new SharePoint environment. This requires a degree focus in Information Management, Knowledge Management, or Library Information Sciences with familiarity in working with taxonomies, keyword searching and other information management tasks.
Email inquiries only; no phone calls, please.
More from the USO
May 24, 2017
After Struggling to Find His Place in the World, Marine Finds Two Families – and His Place in Both
Deron Johnson didn't plan on joining the military, but he ended up a Marine. He also didn't anticipate becoming a fraternity brother at Texas A&M, but then came Theta Chi and its history of supporting the military - and the USO.
May 15, 2017
USO Operation Birthday Cake Brings the Party to Service Members in Japan
When Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Jeffrey Lee received an urgent call to head to his work station one morning, he thought there was something seriously wrong, but there was no emergency. Instead, he walked into his own surprise birthday celebration, courtesy of his wife, USO Yokosuka and the Operation Birthday Cake Program.
May 13, 2017
'I'll Never Forget It": Why a USO Fourth of July T-shirt Can Mean So Much
Years ago, I wore my USO T-shirt to a Houston Astros game. Someone stopped me and said, “Thank you, sir.” I turned to see a man holding his young son by the hand. He said he was active duty, leaving soon for Afghanistan.