The USO is pleased to offer Internships for credit or for practical work experience during the summer of 2010. The Internships will begin in May, 2010 and each Internship requires a minimum of 20 hours work per week, at the USO offices in Arlington, VA. A parking or transportation allowance is provided.
The application deadline for these positions is April 16, 2010. Click here to learn more and apply!
Internships are available in the following departments:
- Communications - One position is available with a focus in Digital Assets and Social Media. This requires a degree focus in Communications or Digital Media with the ability to use a MAC, familiarity with CS4, and proficiency in social media channels
- Human Resources - One position is available with a focus on HR processes, both national and international, including research of legalities in HR processes and project-based work for functional HR areas. This requires a degree focus in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
- Finance - One position is available with a focus accounts payable, cash receipts, financial analysis of monthly reporting packages, and control analysis. This requires a degree focus in Accounting or Finance.
- Development (2 positions) - One position is available in Major Gifts and Planned Giving with a focus on donor research, event planning for donor recognition and follow up with Planned Giving Donors and Executors. This requires a degree focus in Business, Political Science, Public relations, or a degree related to non-profit management. One position is available in Online Development with a focus in online marketing and web content management. This requires a degree focus in Marketing, Business or Finance with strong web content skills and analytical skills
- Operations - One position is available in SharePoint Administration to assist with information migration into the new SharePoint environment. This requires a degree focus in Information Management, Knowledge Management, or Library Information Sciences with familiarity in working with taxonomies, keyword searching and other information management tasks.
Email inquiries only; no phone calls, please.
More from the USO
Dec 10, 2018
USO Special Delivery Celebrates 160th Event for Military Parents
The birth of a child is typically a time when family and friends gather together to support mothers and fathers-to-be as they celebrate and navigate their changing family dynamics. However, military parents can experience this time in their lives far away from their homes and traditional networks of support.
Dec 7, 2018
Google Searches Result in Innovative Ways to Support Veterans
When you need an answer to a question, you Google it. And when you’re transitioning out of the military into civilian life, you might be looking for the answer to, “What jobs can you get after the military?” Google has an answer for that too: IT Support Specialist, through the Google IT Support Professional Certificate and the USO Pathfinder Program.