The USO is pleased to offer Internships for credit or for practical work experience during the summer of 2010. The Internships will begin in May, 2010 and each Internship requires a minimum of 20 hours work per week, at the USO offices in Arlington, VA. A parking or transportation allowance is provided.
The application deadline for these positions is April 16, 2010. Click here to learn more and apply!
Internships are available in the following departments:
- Communications - One position is available with a focus in Digital Assets and Social Media. This requires a degree focus in Communications or Digital Media with the ability to use a MAC, familiarity with CS4, and proficiency in social media channels
- Human Resources - One position is available with a focus on HR processes, both national and international, including research of legalities in HR processes and project-based work for functional HR areas. This requires a degree focus in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
- Finance - One position is available with a focus accounts payable, cash receipts, financial analysis of monthly reporting packages, and control analysis. This requires a degree focus in Accounting or Finance.
- Development (2 positions) - One position is available in Major Gifts and Planned Giving with a focus on donor research, event planning for donor recognition and follow up with Planned Giving Donors and Executors. This requires a degree focus in Business, Political Science, Public relations, or a degree related to non-profit management. One position is available in Online Development with a focus in online marketing and web content management. This requires a degree focus in Marketing, Business or Finance with strong web content skills and analytical skills
- Operations - One position is available in SharePoint Administration to assist with information migration into the new SharePoint environment. This requires a degree focus in Information Management, Knowledge Management, or Library Information Sciences with familiarity in working with taxonomies, keyword searching and other information management tasks.
Email inquiries only; no phone calls, please.
More from the USO
Feb 9, 2017
Baking a Difference: Dog Tag Bakery Provides Job Training and Community for Transitioning Service Members
Upon first glance, Dog Tag Bakery seems like any other cafe. But one look at the patriotic décor – like the dog tag chandelier – and it’s clear there's more going on behind the counter than cake decorating.