The USO is pleased to offer Internships for credit or for practical work experience during the summer of 2010. The Internships will begin in May, 2010 and each Internship requires a minimum of 20 hours work per week, at the USO offices in Arlington, VA. A parking or transportation allowance is provided.
The application deadline for these positions is April 16, 2010. Click here to learn more and apply!
Internships are available in the following departments:
- Communications - One position is available with a focus in Digital Assets and Social Media. This requires a degree focus in Communications or Digital Media with the ability to use a MAC, familiarity with CS4, and proficiency in social media channels
- Human Resources - One position is available with a focus on HR processes, both national and international, including research of legalities in HR processes and project-based work for functional HR areas. This requires a degree focus in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
- Finance - One position is available with a focus accounts payable, cash receipts, financial analysis of monthly reporting packages, and control analysis. This requires a degree focus in Accounting or Finance.
- Development (2 positions) - One position is available in Major Gifts and Planned Giving with a focus on donor research, event planning for donor recognition and follow up with Planned Giving Donors and Executors. This requires a degree focus in Business, Political Science, Public relations, or a degree related to non-profit management. One position is available in Online Development with a focus in online marketing and web content management. This requires a degree focus in Marketing, Business or Finance with strong web content skills and analytical skills
- Operations - One position is available in SharePoint Administration to assist with information migration into the new SharePoint environment. This requires a degree focus in Information Management, Knowledge Management, or Library Information Sciences with familiarity in working with taxonomies, keyword searching and other information management tasks.
Email inquiries only; no phone calls, please.
More from the USO
Aug 24, 2016
USO and the What To Expect Foundation Host Special Delivery Baby Shower in Dover
Being pregnant isn’t easy under the best of circumstances. But being pregnant and having a spouse in the military – or serving yourself – can make the expecting experience exponentially more difficult. That’s why the USO and the What to Expect Foundation, led by best-selling author Heidi Murkoff, team to bring Special Delivery Baby Showers to military bases around the world.
Aug 24, 2016
A Dish in the Desert: USO Piloting Expeditionary Satellite Internet Kit Program for Service Members Downrange
After months of research, two reinforced plastic cases arrived at Camp Shorab, a once-bustling Marine Corps base in Southwestern Afghanistan. When unpacked the packages’ color-coded contents provided a free USO internet connection for troops on the ground.