The USO is pleased to offer Internships for credit or for practical work experience during the summer of 2010. The Internships will begin in May, 2010 and each Internship requires a minimum of 20 hours work per week, at the USO offices in Arlington, VA. A parking or transportation allowance is provided.
The application deadline for these positions is April 16, 2010. Click here to learn more and apply!
Internships are available in the following departments:
- Communications - One position is available with a focus in Digital Assets and Social Media. This requires a degree focus in Communications or Digital Media with the ability to use a MAC, familiarity with CS4, and proficiency in social media channels
- Human Resources - One position is available with a focus on HR processes, both national and international, including research of legalities in HR processes and project-based work for functional HR areas. This requires a degree focus in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
- Finance - One position is available with a focus accounts payable, cash receipts, financial analysis of monthly reporting packages, and control analysis. This requires a degree focus in Accounting or Finance.
- Development (2 positions) - One position is available in Major Gifts and Planned Giving with a focus on donor research, event planning for donor recognition and follow up with Planned Giving Donors and Executors. This requires a degree focus in Business, Political Science, Public relations, or a degree related to non-profit management. One position is available in Online Development with a focus in online marketing and web content management. This requires a degree focus in Marketing, Business or Finance with strong web content skills and analytical skills
- Operations - One position is available in SharePoint Administration to assist with information migration into the new SharePoint environment. This requires a degree focus in Information Management, Knowledge Management, or Library Information Sciences with familiarity in working with taxonomies, keyword searching and other information management tasks.
Email inquiries only; no phone calls, please.
More from the USO
Sep 28, 2020
Life Goes On, But Being a Gold Star Family Is Forever
After the death of a service member, life goes on – but for a Gold Star Family, the loss of a loved one is something they carry with them every day. Here is how Gold Star Families rely on each other and the greater military community to heal.
Sep 25, 2020
How the Mobile USO Unit Creates a Home Wherever Service Members Go
In the wake of natural disasters and national crises, the U.S. military is called to action to support American communities, and Mobile USO vehicles are never far behind. These vehicles provide USO services and a home away from home for service members working in remote locations, to boost morale and keep them connected to their loved ones.
Sep 24, 2020
This Nurse Didn’t Let Anything Get In The Way of Her Service
After working with veterans for more than 12 years, Jennifer McGuigan decided it was her turn to serve in the military. Despite some challenges throughout the process, this summer she became a U.S. Air Force Reserve critical care nurse.