From the rooftop of the White House to tents on Army bases in Iraq, the American flag flies proudly all around the world.
Here are 10 historical and present-day photos of Old Glory on military installations and USO centers across the globe to celebrate the red, white and blue.
1. Toby Keith performs for military families in front of the American flag in 2010.
2. The American flag flies over the mountains of Afghanistan in 2017.
3. Service members carry Old Glory on a ruck march in 2016.
4. The American flag adorns a casket during a burial at sea ceremony in 2009.
5. The American flag is raised on the battlefield of Iwo Jima in 1945.
6. The American flag flies in front of one of the first 3,000 USO centers operating during World War II in 1941.
7. USO legend Bob Hope continues his tradition of performing for the troops in 1983.
8. American GIs head to the shores of Normandy on D-Day in 1944.
9. An American flag stands proudly in Antarctica in 2010.
10. American flags can even be found underwater.
More from the USO
Jun 27, 2022
USO and Kroger Deliver Smiles Across the Miles During Mobile Food Truck Tour
The USO and Kroger teamed up to launch a mobile food program that served local military communities throughout the state of Georgia, celebrating the partnership between the USO and Kroger with the launch of the USO’s newest Mobile USO Food Vehicle.
Jun 24, 2022
It Doesn’t Matter Where, For Service Members in Spain, the USO is There
After years of only having temporary USO centers, service members stationed at Moron Air Base, Sapin, can now have a permanent home that connects them to family and country with our new USO center that opened its doors in the spring of 2022.