From the rooftop of the White House to tents on Army bases in Iraq, the American flag flies proudly all around the world.
Here are 10 historical and present-day photos of Old Glory on military installations and USO centers across the globe to celebrate the red, white and blue.
1. Toby Keith performs for military families in front of the American flag in 2010.
2. The American flag flies over the mountains of Afghanistan in 2017.
3. Service members carry Old Glory on a ruck march in 2016.
4. The American flag adorns a casket during a burial at sea ceremony in 2009.
5. The American flag is raised on the battlefield of Iwo Jima in 1945.
6. The American flag flies in front of one of the first 3,000 USO centers operating during World War II in 1941.
7. USO legend Bob Hope continues his tradition of performing for the troops in 1983.
8. American GIs head to the shores of Normandy on D-Day in 1944.
9. An American flag stands proudly in Antarctica in 2010.
10. American flags can even be found underwater.
More from the USO
Sep 26, 2023
Cesar Millan Announces the First-Ever USO Canine Volunteer of the Year
Watch Cesar Millan announce and congratulate the 2023 USO Canine Volunteer of the Year. These certified therapy dogs provide support to the people who serve and their military families at several of the 250+ USO Centers around the globe.
Sep 25, 2023
On the First Day of Basic Training, Coast Guard Recruits Can Turn to the USO for Support
Every Tuesday at Philadelphia International Airport, Coast Guard recruits heading to Cape May for basic training know they can turn to the USO to be there with them through every step of their military service -- including that very first day.