Thousands of troops will still be deployed when the holidays get here. And if you want to send them care packages or gifts, you need to know the deadlines.
The U.S. Postal Service (USPS)has issued delivery guidelines for when you should ship your package to make sure it gets to the recipient by Christmas.
According to a USPS release, the postal service will also offer discounts for packages sent to APO/FPO/DPO addresses. A special $15.90 rate will be applied to their largest Priority Mail Flat Rate box and $2 will be discounted off every other standard box shipment.
To ensure delivery by December 25, the postal service recommends the following:
- Mail all Standard Post Packages by Nov. 7
- Mail all PAL (Parcel Airlift Mail) by Dec. 3
- Mail all SAM (Space Available Mail) by Nov. 25
- Mail all PMEMS (Priority Mail Express Military Service) packages by Dec. 17
- Mail First Class Letters, Cards and Priority Mail by Dec. 10 for all ZIPs except 093
- For ZIP Codes 093, Mail First Class Letters, Cards and Priority Mail by Dec. 3
More from the USO
Mar 8, 2018
These 9 World-Famous Women are an Integral Part of USO History
In honor of Women’s History Month, we’re looking back at some of the famous females who have helped shape the history of the USO. From World War II to today, these nine women are just a few of the many who have traveled near and far to entertain service members at home and abroad.