Thousands of troops will still be deployed when the holidays get here. And if you want to send them care packages or gifts, you need to know the deadlines.
The U.S. Postal Service (USPS)has issued delivery guidelines for when you should ship your package to make sure it gets to the recipient by Christmas.
According to a USPS release, the postal service will also offer discounts for packages sent to APO/FPO/DPO addresses. A special $15.90 rate will be applied to their largest Priority Mail Flat Rate box and $2 will be discounted off every other standard box shipment.
To ensure delivery by December 25, the postal service recommends the following:
- Mail all Standard Post Packages by Nov. 7
- Mail all PAL (Parcel Airlift Mail) by Dec. 3
- Mail all SAM (Space Available Mail) by Nov. 25
- Mail all PMEMS (Priority Mail Express Military Service) packages by Dec. 17
- Mail First Class Letters, Cards and Priority Mail by Dec. 10 for all ZIPs except 093
- For ZIP Codes 093, Mail First Class Letters, Cards and Priority Mail by Dec. 3
More from the USO
Nov 8, 2018
Lyft Reaches $1 Million in Donations to the USO Through Round Up & Donate
Lyft and the USO are celebrating the tremendous feat of Lyft passengers raising $1 million for the USO through Lyft's Round Up & Donate platform. The product allows Lyft riders to select a cause they care about and automatically round up their rideshare fares to the nearest dollar. By selecting the USO, passengers support the USO in its mission to keep service members connected to family, home and country.