Giving back to troops has never been easier. The USO – which has created nearly 11 million moments for troops and their families over the last year – is teaming with multiple partners this Veterans Day to make supporting the military community piece of cake (or a scoop of ice cream, if you’re so inclined). Check out these 11 ways you can help troops and their families today, and don’t forget to visit USOmoments.org to see the amazing moments we’ve created for these deserving Americans over the past year.
1. Give $11 on 11/11: This Veterans Day marks the one-year anniversary of the USO’s Every Moment Counts campaign, a national campaign that rallies Americans to honor and create moments that matter for our troops and their families. Over the past year, nearly 11 million moments have been created for our troops and their families across the world as part of the Every Moment Counts campaign. To celebrate this milestone, the USO is inviting the American people to donate a moment to our troops on 11/11. An $11 donation provides things like 34 phone calls home, three free meals at a USO center, 70 cups of coffee and so much more. Together, we can make Every Moment Count. To make an $11 donation to the USO, visit USO.org.
2. Get a scoop to support the troops at Baskin-Robbins: Looking for a way to support our troops and their families this Veterans Day while satisfying your sweet tooth? We’ve got your answer: for every scoop they sell on Veterans Day (Nov. 11), Baskin-Robbins will donate 10 cents to the USO.
3. Reelin’ it in at Bass Pro Shops: Stop by a Bass Pro Shop store and check out Reelin’ It in for the Troops. At checkout, you’ll be able to make a $1, $3 or $5 donation to the USO.
4. Shop for a cause at Cracker Barrel: From Nov. 1-11, Cracker Barrel will donate 10 percent of sales of various products to the USO. In addition, on Nov. 11, all Veterans receive a complimentary Coca-Cola cake dessert.
5. Go the extra mile with American Airlines: From Nov. 1-15 AAdvantage members can earn 15 AAdvantage miles for each dollar donated through American’s Miles in Support of All Who Serve.
6. Join Johnson & Johnson: Help the USO and Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies support our military families. From Oct. 5 through Nov. 21, $2 will be donated to the USO for every new registrant and share at healthyessentials.com. Also, for every purchase of two or more participating brands during that same period, $4 will be donated to the USO.
7. Add the USO to your shopping list via Marie Callender’s products: This fall Marie Callender’s is bringing the comforts of home to troops serving in remote locations. Check the freezer aisle for specially marked packages of Marie Callender’s products. Enter the code on the back of the package at comfortsfromhome.com and a 50-cent donation will be made to the USO’s USO2GO program.
8. Cheer for your favorite NFL team: In honor of Veterans Day, the NFL will donate $100 for every point scored during the league’s 32 Salute to Service games to the USO and two other nonprofit partners.
9. Thank the troops with a Slim Jim: Visit slimjim.com/troops and send a salute to the troops. Simply send your message of encouragement and your note will be printed on a Slim Jim sleeve sent to troops serving overseas. Slim Jim is donating 1 million sticks to our troops and their families.
10. Say it with flowers from FTD: Now through Dec. 31, customers shopping for flowers and gifts on www.ftd.com/uso, will save 20 percent on their purchase and 11 percent of the sale will be donated to the USO.
11. Team up with Kroger’s “Operation Make a Difference”: The Kroger Family of Stores has raised $2.3 million to help support the USO this year, and they aren’t stopping there. They are donating an additional $100,000 and we need your help to decide the programs it will support. Simply click this link to designate where your virtual dollar will go. Hurry: the promotion expires Nov. 18.
BONUS: Sign up to Volunteer with the USO: Whether it’s helping out at a special event, cheering troops at homecoming, manning a front desk or providing a listening ear, our volunteers are the reason troops know they can count on the USO. To find out more information on volunteering with the USO, visit usovolunteer.org.
More from the USO
Mar 8, 2018
These 9 World-Famous Women are an Integral Part of USO History
In honor of Women’s History Month, we’re looking back at some of the famous females who have helped shape the history of the USO. From World War II to today, these nine women are just a few of the many who have traveled near and far to entertain service members at home and abroad.