Have you signed up to host a Barbecue for the Troops for the summer yet? We still have more than two months of grill time left! Be sure to use one of our amazing recipes, like this one straight from the front lines! Our troops may not always have a gourmet kitchen, but they have come up with some ingenious ways to cook up a storm!
- ¼ cup condensed bean with bacon soup 1 (8 inch) flour tortilla
- 1 turkey hot dog
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pour soup into a small microwave safe bowl.
- Wrap tortilla and hot dog with a clean, lightly moist cloth.
- Place soup, tortilla, and hot dog in microwave and cook on high approximately 30 seconds, or until tortilla is hot and pliable and the soup is hot.
- Place hot dog and soup in center of tortilla; sprinkle with cheese and roll.
- Microwave for an additional 10 seconds to fully melt the cheese.
More from the USO
Jul 20, 2016
'We’re Here for the Soldiers’: How One Volunteer Couple Answered the Call to Serve at USO Fort Hood
Anne Cosper always wanted to volunteer at the USO. So when her daughter, who currently serves in the U.S. Army, was reassigned to Fort Hood – only an hour drive from her Georgetown, Texas, home – she decided it was the perfect opportunity to get involved at the USO center on base.
Jul 20, 2016
How USO SeaTac’s ‘Banana’ Bob Got His Nickname
Bob Harris first began volunteering at the USO Northwest Seattle-Tacoma International Airport center in 2013. Shortly after he started, he was asked if he’d be interested in picking up donated bananas and bringing them to the airport center once a week. It wasn’t long after his first delivery that Bob realized the donations runs had earned him a new nickname.