Have you signed up to host a Barbecue for the Troops for the summer yet? We still have more than two months of grill time left! Be sure to use one of our amazing recipes, like this one straight from the front lines! Our troops may not always have a gourmet kitchen, but they have come up with some ingenious ways to cook up a storm!
- ¼ cup condensed bean with bacon soup 1 (8 inch) flour tortilla
- 1 turkey hot dog
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pour soup into a small microwave safe bowl.
- Wrap tortilla and hot dog with a clean, lightly moist cloth.
- Place soup, tortilla, and hot dog in microwave and cook on high approximately 30 seconds, or until tortilla is hot and pliable and the soup is hot.
- Place hot dog and soup in center of tortilla; sprinkle with cheese and roll.
- Microwave for an additional 10 seconds to fully melt the cheese.
More from the USO
May 25, 2017
NBC's 'This Is Us' Cast Visits Service Members and Military Families on USO Tour at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
It was a morning to remember. A group of stars from NBC’s “This Is Us” – Mandy Moore, Milo Ventimiglia, Chrissy Metz, Justin Hartley, Susan Kelechi Watson and Chris Sullivan – spent a morning visiting service members and their families at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst as part of a USO entertainment tour.
May 24, 2017
After Struggling to Find His Place in the World, Marine Finds Two Families – and His Place in Both
Deron Johnson didn't plan on joining the military, but he ended up a Marine. He also didn't anticipate becoming a fraternity brother at Texas A&M, but then came Theta Chi and its history of supporting the military - and the USO.
May 15, 2017
USO Operation Birthday Cake Brings the Party to Service Members in Japan
When Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Jeffrey Lee received an urgent call to head to his work station one morning, he thought there was something seriously wrong, but there was no emergency. Instead, he walked into his own surprise birthday celebration, courtesy of his wife, USO Yokosuka and the Operation Birthday Cake Program.