Have you signed up to host a Barbecue for the Troops for the summer yet? We still have more than two months of grill time left! Be sure to use one of our amazing recipes, like this one straight from the front lines! Our troops may not always have a gourmet kitchen, but they have come up with some ingenious ways to cook up a storm!
- ¼ cup condensed bean with bacon soup 1 (8 inch) flour tortilla
- 1 turkey hot dog
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pour soup into a small microwave safe bowl.
- Wrap tortilla and hot dog with a clean, lightly moist cloth.
- Place soup, tortilla, and hot dog in microwave and cook on high approximately 30 seconds, or until tortilla is hot and pliable and the soup is hot.
- Place hot dog and soup in center of tortilla; sprinkle with cheese and roll.
- Microwave for an additional 10 seconds to fully melt the cheese.
More from the USO
Oct 18, 2016
Making the Terminal Come Alive: USO’s Unique Approach at Sigonella Gives Deploying Service Members a Much-Needed Escape
With little space for a traditional center – and weary military travelers often spreading throughout the terminal for hours while waiting for training flights or deployments – the USO spread its services throughout the terminal at NAS Sigonella.