Today we’re featuring a delicious-looking ice cream update from our great partner, Tastykake! Tastykake is a Proud Supporter who’s donated to the USO in support of our troops and their families.
Tastykake Pie Ice Cream
Who needs ala mode when you can have it all in one?
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tastykake Fruit Pies (We used Blueberry)
- In a saucepan, heat 1 cup of heavy cream, sugar, and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add one cup heavy cream, 1 cup milk, and vanilla extract. Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly cooled.
- Add chilled mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to directions.
- Once churned, gently stir in chopped Tastykake fruit pie of your choice and serve right away, or layer ice cream and pies in a container, and freeze until desired hardness. Makes a little over a quart.
More from the USO
Feb 9, 2017
Baking a Difference: Dog Tag Bakery Provides Job Training and Community for Transitioning Service Members
Upon first glance, Dog Tag Bakery seems like any other cafe. But one look at the patriotic décor – like the dog tag chandelier – and it’s clear there's more going on behind the counter than cake decorating.