Today we’re featuring a delicious-looking ice cream update from our great partner, Tastykake! Tastykake is a Proud Supporter who’s donated to the USO in support of our troops and their families.
Tastykake Pie Ice Cream
Who needs ala mode when you can have it all in one?
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tastykake Fruit Pies (We used Blueberry)
- In a saucepan, heat 1 cup of heavy cream, sugar, and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add one cup heavy cream, 1 cup milk, and vanilla extract. Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly cooled.
- Add chilled mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to directions.
- Once churned, gently stir in chopped Tastykake fruit pie of your choice and serve right away, or layer ice cream and pies in a container, and freeze until desired hardness. Makes a little over a quart.
More from the USO
Aug 24, 2016
USO and the What To Expect Foundation Host Special Delivery Baby Shower in Dover
Being pregnant isn’t easy under the best of circumstances. But being pregnant and having a spouse in the military – or serving yourself – can make the expecting experience exponentially more difficult. That’s why the USO and the What to Expect Foundation, led by best-selling author Heidi Murkoff, team to bring Special Delivery Baby Showers to military bases around the world.
Aug 24, 2016
A Dish in the Desert: USO Piloting Expeditionary Satellite Internet Kit Program for Service Members Downrange
After months of research, two reinforced plastic cases arrived at Camp Shorab, a once-bustling Marine Corps base in Southeastern Afghanistan. When unpacked the packages’ color-coded contents provided a free USO internet connection for troops on the ground.