Today we’re featuring a delicious-looking ice cream update from our great partner, Tastykake! Tastykake is a Proud Supporter who’s donated to the USO in support of our troops and their families.
Tastykake Pie Ice Cream
Who needs ala mode when you can have it all in one?
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tastykake Fruit Pies (We used Blueberry)
- In a saucepan, heat 1 cup of heavy cream, sugar, and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add one cup heavy cream, 1 cup milk, and vanilla extract. Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly cooled.
- Add chilled mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to directions.
- Once churned, gently stir in chopped Tastykake fruit pie of your choice and serve right away, or layer ice cream and pies in a container, and freeze until desired hardness. Makes a little over a quart.
More from the USO
Oct 18, 2016
Making the Terminal Come Alive: USO’s Unique Approach at Sigonella Gives Deploying Service Members a Much-Needed Escape
With little space for a traditional center – and weary military travelers often spreading throughout the terminal for hours while waiting for training flights or deployments – the USO spread its services throughout the terminal at NAS Sigonella.