Want to do something special for our troops right now?
Just pick one of the USO’s 4 for the 4th Projects and help us complete it in time for the 4th of July. This is a simple, direct way to provide comfort, support and a much-needed chance to relax to our troops this summer.
Are you in? Pick the project you want to make happen – Summer Sports Kits, Phone Calls Home, Supplying Day Rooms for Wounded Troops, Care Packages to the Frontlines – make your gift supporting our troops today!
Our 4 for the 4th Campaign captures the spirit and energy of the USO. We’re out there side-by-side with our troops, identifying the things they need. Then, we count on patriots like you to step up and help meet those needs.
And these four projects are the ones the troops keep asking for. We’ve gotten a good start in the first few months of the year, but we need you to help take us the rest of the way. So far we’ve:
- Put summer sports gear in the hands of thousands of deployed service men and women around the world, but more are still waiting.
- Provided 11.6 million minutes of free phone time for troops to connect with loved ones back home, and need to offer even more.
- Deployed 47,258 Care Packages to troops but need to fulfill thousands more requests across the world.
- Opened 1 Day Room with 8 more planned in 2012 around the world to support our wounded, ill and injured troops. Now we need your help to supply them to support our heroes in this healing process.
You’ve been such a great friend to our troops. I really hope you can help with one of these four special projects. Help get this urgent campaign off to a great start.
I know you’ll do your best for our troops. You always do.
- Sloan Gibson, USO President & CEO
More from the USO
Aug 24, 2016
USO and the What To Expect Foundation Host Special Delivery Baby Shower in Dover
Being pregnant isn’t easy under the best of circumstances. But being pregnant and having a spouse in the military – or serving yourself – can make the expecting experience exponentially more difficult. That’s why the USO and the What to Expect Foundation, led by best-selling author Heidi Murkoff, team to bring Special Delivery Baby Showers to military bases around the world.
Aug 24, 2016
A Dish in the Desert: USO Piloting Expeditionary Satellite Internet Kit Program for Service Members Downrange
After months of research, two reinforced plastic cases arrived at Camp Shorab, a once-bustling Marine Corps base in Southwestern Afghanistan. When unpacked the packages’ color-coded contents provided a free USO internet connection for troops on the ground.