Whether they’re deployed, supporting a child who is serving or holding down the fort while dad’s away- there is one thing our nation’s military moms can count on this Mother’s Day- the support of the USO.
While people across the country are thinking of ways to make this Mother’s Day special for their moms, the USO has made it possible for everyone to show we have not forgotten the moms who won’t get to see their children, husbands or possibly even hear their voices this May 13th because they are making the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
There are five ways you can show a military mom your appreciation:
1. A Phone Call Home and give a mom serving the gift of hearing her child’s voice this Mother’s Day or a mom or wife at home, the gift of hearing the voice of their child or spouse
2. A Military Spouse Appreciation Event and treat a mom serving to a day of pampering
3. Bedtime Stories and allow a deployed mom to record herself reading a bedtime story to her child and have that DVD recording and the book mailed back home
4. A Mother’s Day Box filled with gifts, pampering products and a personalized note for the wife, girlfriend or mother of a deployed service member
5. Recovery Along the River and help send wounded, ill or injured female service members on a positive, recreational trip that will provide them with a temporary sanctuary free of stress and uncertainty.
More from the USO
Feb 15, 2018
7 Ways WWII Soldiers Shaped Outdoor Sports in America
If you're watching the Winter Olympics you've certainly seen American alpine star Mikaela Shiffrin race down mountains and snowboarder Chloe Kim ride to a gold medal in the women's halfpipe. They're amazing athletes whose names are recognized around the world, but the names of the mountain men who helped popularize outdoor sports in the 1940s are not as famous.
Feb 9, 2018
Combat Cooking with USO Camp Arifjan: Chocolate Cookies
For the next installment of Combat Cooking, the USO Camp Arifjan team in Kuwait shared their coveted chocolate cookie recipe and offered a few tips and tricks for whipping up these homemade treats in a non-traditional kitchen like the one at the USO center.