Whether they’re deployed, supporting a child who is serving or holding down the fort while dad’s away- there is one thing our nation’s military moms can count on this Mother’s Day- the support of the USO.
While people across the country are thinking of ways to make this Mother’s Day special for their moms, the USO has made it possible for everyone to show we have not forgotten the moms who won’t get to see their children, husbands or possibly even hear their voices this May 13th because they are making the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
There are five ways you can show a military mom your appreciation:
1. A Phone Call Home and give a mom serving the gift of hearing her child’s voice this Mother’s Day or a mom or wife at home, the gift of hearing the voice of their child or spouse
2. A Military Spouse Appreciation Event and treat a mom serving to a day of pampering
3. Bedtime Stories and allow a deployed mom to record herself reading a bedtime story to her child and have that DVD recording and the book mailed back home
4. A Mother’s Day Box filled with gifts, pampering products and a personalized note for the wife, girlfriend or mother of a deployed service member
5. Recovery Along the River and help send wounded, ill or injured female service members on a positive, recreational trip that will provide them with a temporary sanctuary free of stress and uncertainty.
More from the USO
Nov 22, 2017
NFL Game Pass Connects Troops in Kuwait to the Teams They Love
Troops will stay up all night long to watch their favorite NFL teams play, and the USO stays up with them. At Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, NFL Game Pass brings every game to the USO and it's the perfect touch of home for the military population living there.
Nov 19, 2017
Football Legend Joe Theismann Sends Heartfelt Thank You Message to American Troops
We caught up with Washington Redskins legend Joe Theismann at the USO Warrior and Family Center at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, recently and he had some motivating words for our men and women in uniform.
Nov 19, 2017
Combat Cooking with USO Camp Arifjan: Volunteer Jamie's Lasagna Roll-Ups
With Thanksgiving a few days away, we’re kicking off our Combat Cooking series with this tasty lasagna roll-up recipe created by USO Camp Arifjan volunteer Army Sgt. Jamie Reed. Reed, who hails from Oregon, but is stationed at Fort Campbell, Ky., frequently volunteers her culinary skills at USO Camp Arifjan in Kuwait.