Whether they’re deployed, supporting a child who is serving or holding down the fort while dad’s away- there is one thing our nation’s military moms can count on this Mother’s Day- the support of the USO.
While people across the country are thinking of ways to make this Mother’s Day special for their moms, the USO has made it possible for everyone to show we have not forgotten the moms who won’t get to see their children, husbands or possibly even hear their voices this May 13th because they are making the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
There are five ways you can show a military mom your appreciation:
1. A Phone Call Home and give a mom serving the gift of hearing her child’s voice this Mother’s Day or a mom or wife at home, the gift of hearing the voice of their child or spouse
2. A Military Spouse Appreciation Event and treat a mom serving to a day of pampering
3. Bedtime Stories and allow a deployed mom to record herself reading a bedtime story to her child and have that DVD recording and the book mailed back home
4. A Mother’s Day Box filled with gifts, pampering products and a personalized note for the wife, girlfriend or mother of a deployed service member
5. Recovery Along the River and help send wounded, ill or injured female service members on a positive, recreational trip that will provide them with a temporary sanctuary free of stress and uncertainty.
More from the USO
Dec 14, 2017
Prosthetists Provide Amputees a Helping Hand – and Foot – On Their Road to Recovery
More than 1,500 American troops have lost a limb since 2001, in Afghanistan or Iraq or other deployments around the world. Walter Reed — first at the old campus in Washington, D.C., and now at the new facility in Bethesda — is where they take their first steps toward a new reality.
Dec 13, 2017
Delivering a USO Care Package in 360°
What does it take to get a USO Care Package into the hands of deployed service members? The answer is a lot of time and a lot of hard work by USO volunteers and staff. Watch the video to follow a USO Care Package along its journey to troops overseas.