Whether they’re deployed, supporting a child who is serving or holding down the fort while dad’s away- there is one thing our nation’s military moms can count on this Mother’s Day- the support of the USO.
While people across the country are thinking of ways to make this Mother’s Day special for their moms, the USO has made it possible for everyone to show we have not forgotten the moms who won’t get to see their children, husbands or possibly even hear their voices this May 13th because they are making the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
There are five ways you can show a military mom your appreciation:
1. A Phone Call Home and give a mom serving the gift of hearing her child’s voice this Mother’s Day or a mom or wife at home, the gift of hearing the voice of their child or spouse
2. A Military Spouse Appreciation Event and treat a mom serving to a day of pampering
3. Bedtime Stories and allow a deployed mom to record herself reading a bedtime story to her child and have that DVD recording and the book mailed back home
4. A Mother’s Day Box filled with gifts, pampering products and a personalized note for the wife, girlfriend or mother of a deployed service member
5. Recovery Along the River and help send wounded, ill or injured female service members on a positive, recreational trip that will provide them with a temporary sanctuary free of stress and uncertainty.
More from the USO
Jul 21, 2017
The Parents Behind the Forces
I hadn’t worried about my son, Jason, while he served in the National Guard. But now he would be on the front lines just months after the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Even in the midst of my fear, I was proud of my son. He was setting out on a journey of service.
Jul 15, 2017
Houston Astros and USO Surprise Military Families with Messages from Their Deployed Loved Ones
This weekend, USO Houston, USO Fort Hood, USO Camp Buehring and the Houston Astros teamed up to treat over 100 Texas military family members to a free night of food, fun and, for some, a unexpected message from their deployed loved ones.