Whether they’re deployed, supporting a child who is serving or holding down the fort while dad’s away- there is one thing our nation’s military moms can count on this Mother’s Day- the support of the USO.
While people across the country are thinking of ways to make this Mother’s Day special for their moms, the USO has made it possible for everyone to show we have not forgotten the moms who won’t get to see their children, husbands or possibly even hear their voices this May 13th because they are making the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
There are five ways you can show a military mom your appreciation:
1. A Phone Call Home and give a mom serving the gift of hearing her child’s voice this Mother’s Day or a mom or wife at home, the gift of hearing the voice of their child or spouse
2. A Military Spouse Appreciation Event and treat a mom serving to a day of pampering
3. Bedtime Stories and allow a deployed mom to record herself reading a bedtime story to her child and have that DVD recording and the book mailed back home
4. A Mother’s Day Box filled with gifts, pampering products and a personalized note for the wife, girlfriend or mother of a deployed service member
5. Recovery Along the River and help send wounded, ill or injured female service members on a positive, recreational trip that will provide them with a temporary sanctuary free of stress and uncertainty.
More from the USO
Jan 8, 2018
Here’s How the USO and Boeing are Teaming Up to Help Service Members Transition to Civilian Lives
With a multiyear commitment from Boeing, USO Pathfinder offers best-in-class transition services on a global scale and can connect service members with the resources they need as they reintegrate into civilian life.
Jan 5, 2018
Army Couple with Baby Born at 24 Weeks Reunites with Heidi Murkoff at USO Baby Shower
When Mary Joyce Guinard signed up to attend the USO and What to Expect Foundation’s baby shower in Okinawa in October 2016, she never dreamed she would miss the party to give birth. Guinard found herself in the delivery ward, welcoming her new daughter into the world. That’s when Heidi Murkoff entered the hospital room and the entire military family’s life.