A recap of December events from our USO Center in Stuttgart. Enjoy!
- December 4, 2009 - USO Stuttgart participated in the Garrison’s tree lighting festival. Volunteers manned a booth where they handed out program and event information and free wrapped Disney DVDs for the kids!
- December 8-9, 2009 - Santa visited the Stuttgart USO three times over two days to take pictures with kids and give them each a gift! He made a special appearance at our Time 4 Tots event this week and read the book, “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” to 19 children! In total, over 250 children were able to spend a few minutes with Santa, tell him what they would like for Christmas, and let mom or dad take a photo! USO Stuttgart uploaded all of the pictures to a free photo website so that those who did not bring a camera can download their own pictures.
- December 13, 2009 - Eight single service members were treated to a free tour to the Stuttgart Christkindlmarkt including round-trip transportation, a concert in Stuttgart’s Old Castle, a hot beverage with souvenir mug, and a bratwurst.
- December 16, 2009 - Eighty single or unaccompanied service members were treated to a full holiday meal of turkey, ham, and all the fixings plus dessert! A Christmas gift trading game kept the evening lively and everyone went home with a gift from the USO! The USAG Stuttgart Command Sergeant Major attended this special event and was very pleased with the turnout and how well the USO Stuttgart and its volunteers wokred together to bring a touch of home to our local community members! A wonderful evening was had by all!
- December 17, 2009 - Donations of homemade cookies were collected from local Girl Scout Troops and the German American Womens Club and then distributed to the barracks around USAG Stuttgart and mailed in care packages to Stuttgart members who are deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Georgia. Approximately 400 service members were treated to this small touch of home for the holidays!
- December 21-23, 2009 - USO Stuttgart provided free gift wrapping outside the main PX during PX opening hours each of these days. Hundreds of festively decorated gifts will be under trees throught the Stuttgart community this year thanks to our dedicated volunteers!
- December 24-25, 2009 - USO Stuttgart provided over 400 holiday goody bags to service members who “kept the watch” over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the Stuttgart community. This event was made possible by the generosity of the Stuttgart Community Spouses Club and our many volunteers who packaged the goodies and drove around the garrison on Christmas Eve to deliver them!
More from the USO
Feb 13, 2020
How is the U.S. Military Equipped to Fight Diseases Like Coronavirus?
It’s no secret that the U.S. military is the largest fighting force in the world. But many civilians might not realize that thousands of service members are highly trained in exactly the types of skills needed to provide humanitarian aid during a major biological threat, like the coronavirus.