Ways to Get Involved
USO partners provide critical support that improves the daily lives of troops and their families. At the same time, partnering with the USO enables companies to demonstrate their commitment to America’s men and women in uniform to their employees, their customers and the local communities where they operate.
We have developed a range of partnership opportunities. Contact us to discuss which work best for your company.
We invite you to join us in whatever way works best for your corporation:
- Cause-related marketing: Short-term cause-related programs benefit the USO while offering companies a marketing tool to reach their target market and link them to the mission of supporting the troops. We can work with you to develop programs that align with your business and marketing goals through such methods as percentage of sales, product-based programs, joint messaging and grassroots fundraising.
- Employee engagement: More and more, Americans want to become involved in causes that are important to them through their workplaces. These efforts can effectively engage your employees in a cause they value:
- Employee giving programs: Make sure employees can designate support for the USO in your existing workplace giving program, or set up a campaign to benefit the USO. Contact us about how we can be included or if you would like to set up a new program.
- Match programs: If your company has a matching contribution program for employees’ donations, please include the USO as an eligible match if we are not already.
- Payroll deductions: If your company allows employees to contribute to charitable organizations through payroll deductions, make sure that the USO is included.
- Volunteerism: The USO has many opportunities for employees to get involved in their local communities to support the troops.
- Corporate foundation: If you have a corporate foundation seeking to reach troops and their families, you can join other generous donors and provide grant support for the USO.
- Sponsorship of a program or event: Many of our supporters wish to direct their sponsorship to a specific USO program or event that directly meets their corporate goals. For example, our partners have sponsored USO2GO, which provides much-needed relief to troops serving in remote areas, and the United through Reading Military Program, which connects deployed troops with their children at home through reading. Partners also support special events, such as the USO Gala or the Wounded Warrior Games.
- In-kind support: Your company’s products or services can make a tremendous difference to our work. From airfare to furniture, computers and snacks for USO centers, to phone cards for deployed troops to call home, USO partners are providing vital in-kind support.
- Media partnerships: Through radio and television, on billboards, in kiosks or through other media, media partners can help build awareness and support from the American public—another vital means of support.
We would be happy to help you determine how to make these or other partner opportunities work for you. Contact us with your questions.